Perceptive Interviewing® for HR Professionals
Tailored to personnel involved in employment interviews, workplace enquires and investigations, and health and safety investigations.
If your role involves conducting interviews then the Perceptive Interviewing® program can help you get more of the information that matters. Good interviewing is not about quantity of information but the quality and relevance to your goal.
This training program has been highly acclaimed by security, investigation and intelligence professionals since 2001 and boosts the skills of both new and experienced interviewers.
To review existing interviewing methods and overhaul them to improve the process and outcome with a focus on aspects of human behaviour. To have interviewers feeling enthusiastic to conduct the next interview after filling their interviewing toolbox with a stack of new tools, whilst polishing up some that may have gone a bit rusty.
As with all the TruthAbility programs, the overarching theme is to make sure interviewers know how to maximise the likelihood of truth whilst having sound skills to read behaviour and uncover signs of deception early.
Who Should Attend
This stream of the original Perceptive Interviewing® program is for professionals involved in conducting any type of interview that has a focus on employment interviews, workplace enquires and investigations, management issues, health and safety enquiries and investigations.
Since 2001, professionals who have taken part in this program from the Perceptive Interviewing® series include: HR Managers, Recruitment Officers, Managers, Consultants.
Key Program Benefits and Points of Difference
This program takes a unique approach to developing behavioural and interviewing techniques by analysing skills, actions and behaviours of both the interviewer and interviewee.
This interactive and highly engaging program will leave you with over 43 interviewing tips and techniques to use that will make immediate impact.
- Gain fresh perspective of what it takes to be a great interviewer
- Identify your personal strengths and skill gaps and what you personally need to focus on
- Discover the six channels of communication and know how to use this awareness to your advantage
- Learn to adapt behaviour to build faster and stronger rapport and increase your interpersonal connections
- Discover ways to improve your planning to make the interview flow better with greater success
- Massively improve the way you prepare, ask and analyse questions and responses
- Boost personal confidence to conduct high quality interviews
- Gain methods to create a truth telling environment by applying the right Truth Tool®
- Understand the science of truth and lies and how to apply this knowledge
- Learn the impact of emotional and cognitive load when someone is hiding the truth
- Better read body language and subtle facial expressions that signal hidden emotions
- Learn 12 ‘magic questions’ that will give you a lie spotting super power
- Discover how to apply the tools and techniques in the program to your line of work and types of interviews.
Classroom based, all participants involved and interacting. Individual and small group activities. Live demonstrations and in depth video analysis of relevant material. Daily knowledge tests cement learning. Online assessment for programs over 3 days in duration.
Duration of Training
This version of the Perceptive Interviewing® program ranges from 2 day programs to 3 day programs. Public programs are typically 1-3 days, whilst tailored in-house programs are typically 2-3 days in duration.