Perceptive Interviewing® for Security Professionals
Tailored to personnel involved in interviews with a security function.
Uncover more truthful and more useful information.
To review existing interviewing methods and overhaul them to improve the process and outcome with a focus on aspects of human behaviour. To have interviewers feeling enthusiastic to conduct the next interview after filling their interviewing toolbox with a stack of new tools, whilst polishing up some that may have gone a bit rusty.
The overarching theme is to make sure interviewers know how to maximise the likelihood of truth, elicit the required information whilst having skills and awareness to read behaviour and uncover signs of deception early.
Who Should Attend
This Perceptive Interviewing® (PIS) program is for professionals involved in conducting any type of interview that has a security function.
Since 2001, thousands of professionals have taken part in a program in the Perceptive Interviewing® series. Previous attendees of both in-house and public programs include:
Intelligence Analyst and Officers, Security Case Officers, Directors, Managers, Interpreters, Security Vetting Assessing Officers, Security Assessors, Security Force, Front Desk, Roving Security, Business Services, IT Personnel, Investigators.
Key Program Benefits and Points of Difference
This program takes a unique approach to developing behavioural and interviewing techniques by analysing skills, actions and behaviours of both the interviewer and interviewee.
This interactive and highly engaging program will leave you with over 49 interviewing tips and techniques to use that will make immediate impact.
- Gain fresh perspective of what it takes to be a great interviewer
- Identify your personal strengths and skill gaps and what you personally need to focus on
- Discover five channels of communication and know how to use this awareness to your advantage
- Learn to adapt behaviour to build faster and stronger rapport and increase your interpersonal connections
- Discover ways to improve your planning to make the interview flow better with greater success
- Improve the way you prepare, ask and analyse questions and responses
- Boost personal confidence to conduct high quality interviews
- Gain methods to create a truth telling environment by applying the right Truth Tool®
- Understand the science of truth and lies and how to apply this knowledge
- Learn the impact of emotional and cognitive load when someone is hiding the truth
- Better read body language and subtle facial expressions that signal hidden emotions
- Learn 10 ‘magic questions’ that will give you a lie spotting super power
Discover how to apply the tools and techniques in the program to your line of work and types of interviews.
Classroom based, all participants involved and interacting. Individual and small group activities. Live demonstrations and in depth video analysis of relevant material. Daily knowledge tests cement learning. Online assessment for programs over 3 days in duration.
Duration of Training
The next public Perceptive Interviewing® for Security Professionals course will be:
Please contact us for the next course dates.