Truth, Lies & Human Behaviour
Truth sits at the core of success...
Policewoman turned Communication Specialist, Elly Johnson, shines a spotlight on TRUTH, to highlight the enormous impact this topic has on our success in business, in relationships and in all aspects of life.
There are few topics that have as much impact as truth. We crave it, we dodge it, we twist it, we hide it, we long for it, we avoid it and we tip toe around it. We can delight it knowing it yet hearing it can instantly shatter our world.
Truth can make or break relationships, help shape the culture of a team or instantly change the trajectory of a life. TRUTH is a powerful concept that deserves attention and exploration from many angles.
We often simplify truth by giving it an easy opposite – a lie! Then we go about trying to decipher life, people, actions and stories, choosing a label of truth or a lie, or right or wrong. But it is rarely that simple – when you peel off just one layer of the onion, the topic becomes more complex.
The truth is… we all lie. We lie to ourselves, to each other, actively or passively, much of the time. We are surrounded by deception from moment we wake up and check our instagram feed, to pouring a glass of red and switching on the evening news.
So if we crave truth and we don’t like lies…why do we do it so much?
A myriad of reasons. Humans are complex. Relationships are complex. Organisations and societies are complex.
Truth and Deception is not black and white, it’s a deeply nuanced spectrum from transparent to opaque.
Elly’s provocative and illuminating presentations equip audiences with an expanded awareness of the power of truth viewed through the lens of the 5 Truth Circles. She offers a new way of thinking along with tools to help navigate the truth-deception spectrum for better results and more robust relationships at work and home.
Elly’s presentations are customised to align with corporate themes, values or goals and are designed to cut through for impact that sticks.
Some of Elly’s areas of expertise and speaking topics:
- How to Distinguish Truth from Lies: Myths and tips about truth attraction and lie detection to help make better and more accurate decisions when the stakes are high.
- Know Your Customer: Build a multi-channel communication approach to understand what your customer is really telling you and improve your bottom line. Powerful ways to build and maintain rapport with your customers.
- Building Better Leaders: Navigate the Truth-Deception Spectrum for stronger, more robust and more productive teams.
- Creating an Open Culture: How to foster a truth-based team environment to improve communication, strengthen trust and develop a happy and high-performing team culture.
- The Power of Perceptive Interviewing®: Expanding awareness of how to uncover truthful and useful information this topic is highly beneficial for people involved in any type of interview or meeting where the truth matters.
- Boost Your Confidence: Approach communication and relationships with greater confidence and courage and make a positive impact and get better results.
- The Power of Integrity: Explore the dimensions of the 5 Truth Circles to discover how to hear, speak and uncover truth – when trust, transparency and integrity matters.
- Wonder Woman and the Lasso of Truth: Harness your inner superpower to build strength and confidence in communication and relationships where clarity, truth and connection are vital.
FREE: Download '5 Ways to Lasso More Truth Out of Almost Anyone'
Learn how to encourage more truth in situations where it is likely to be hidden or twisted
Individual or Group Mentoring
Elly also works one-to-one and in small groups, coaching clients to break through limiting barriers to success. Where truth, transparency or truth with self is an issue, Elly will help navigate the path to better relationships and outcomes.
“OMG you are bloody amazing !!!! Thank you so much Elly. I did it I did it, I smashed through the truth dilemma and the conversation went really well. He really appreciated me bringing this up again and putting it to bed for good.You are so right, he thinks I am great again and it was a relief to be able to be completely honest with him.”
– Assistant Director, Australian Government
“Just one session with Elly opened my eyes to the need to go back to the basics of open, honest and transparent communication. I didn’t realise how much impact the smoke and mirrors were having on my life and she helped me to see things I had been missing”
– Aaron J (Company name withheld)
Elly Johnson met with The Source and together decided the theme ‘Truth, Lies and Emotions’ as not only interesting, but a highly relevant topic for the procurement profession.
Elly’s presentation at our event was well loved by all attendees. She was professional, engaging and led an interesting discussion that left attendees with a thirst for more knowledge..
I highly recommend Elly to any organisation looking to engage and train their employees as well as impress their clients.
Her passionate & knowledgable presentation style kept the groups engaged & involved. Her insights into reading behaviour, getting the edge in negotiations and detecting emotions and deception are valuable to anyone who deals with people.
Elly’s experience in Policing, corporate and business management gives her great insight into human behaviour - and her stories are relevant and memorable. Highly recommended!